Friday, January 28, 2011

Music around the world



During the day off I spent the rest of the day listening to music: rock, pop, hip hop, r&b and heavy metal. It turned out that most of the songs were from other countries.
One of the songs I listened to were by a Korean group called 2ne1, kara, teen top, and snsd. They are very popular in Korea. One of my favorite songs from them is 'Fire' by 2ne1, 'Supa luv' by teen top and 'Gee' by snsd. I listened to hip hop and r&b music from Nigerian groups. My favorite groups from Nigeria is P-square and Bracket. The most greatest songs they have sung is 'No time', and 'Do me'. P square sings messages and tells stories that goes on in real life for example thier song 'No Easy'. No easy talks about how people have no money and are suffering and that they just have to keep going.
Nigerian music and Korean music are just like american only that sometimes they have a message and meaning.


4 comments:

  1. I also listen to Bracket and P-square and I agree with what you said. There songs send a message to the people that are suffering and there music is giving them a form of hope. For example, the song 'No Easy'. In the song it was telling people that you may suffer but have fun and live life while it last because tomorrow maybe to late. I also agree that Nigerian music is just like American music. In American music, they have there slang and in Nigerian music they have the slang too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but their slang is totally different. I wonder do P-squares other songs have a message other than 'No Easy'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ChiChi i never really listened to those groups before but they sound interesting. The only Koran song i ever listened to was called Gee but there songs were very high piched, kinda like American songs. I would love to listen to those songs , but i would like to know like what kind of meassage are they trying to send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now for Gee, I don't know. I think their song talks about a bunch of girls falling for a rock star. That's not the best message for what's going on in the world. I would say that Gee is related to some American music. If you've ever seen the music video 'Fire' by 2NE1, then they would probably relate to the black eyed peas.

    ReplyDelete